Master's Studies (100% Research)
In cases where only a thesis is required and no additional submodules, the final mark for the Master’s degree shall be determined on the basis of the thesis and of an oral presentation (please see provisions/ guidelines for Thesis of Masters study- listed under Documents).
All theses are required to be submitted electronically using SUNscholar (http://scholar.sun.ac.za), the digital research archive of the University, once they have been examined and before graduation. Instructions for using SUNScholar for the submission of the final product, after the examination process has been completed, are available at http://library.sun.ac.za
REGISTRATION: Takes place through the Faculty Office,
Contact Ms VB Joseph: firstname.lastname@example.org
First semester: January to March
Second semester: June to July
Supervision and examination
- Each Department/ Division/ Centres appoint possible supervisor/s for students.
- Department/ Division/ Centres appoint examiners through University structures.
- NOTE: Intention to submit should be communicated to Doctoral office email@example.com 6 months prior to official examination.
- Students are to submit TWO (2) bound copies for examination together with the thesis release form signed by the Supervisor/ Head of Department/Division/Centre.
- It is the responsibility of the student and supervisor to upload the dissertation on SunLearn after the examination.
Due dates for submission of Masters thesis for examination
- 1 September for December graduation
- 1 December for March graduation