Undergraduate Conference Presentation Fund
What is it?
Partial or full funding for undergraduate students to present, at academic conferences, research conducted as part of their registered degrees in the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences (FMHS).
What is the amount awarded?
Awards of up to R10,000 will be made.
Who is eligible?
Any undergraduate student registered in the FMHS who wishes to attend a conference to present results from research conducted as part of their undergraduate degrees in the FMHS.
How do I apply?
- Complete the latest version of the application form (UCP-08-2015).
- Attach the required supporting documents (proof of registration, ethics approval letter, official conference announcement, conference programme, proof of acceptance of abstract, written proof of conference registration fees).
- Submit one hard copy and one electronic copy to Debbie Marais (email@example.com) at the Undergraduate Research Office in the Research Development & Support Division, Tygerberg.
How are awards made?
Only typed, complete applications, using the most recent application form, will be considered.
Awards will be made:
- on a competitive basis and according to the guidelines,
- based on merit,
- based on available budget.
What is the application deadline?
Please note that there will now only be two calls for applications annually. The first call for applications opens in April each year, with a deadline of 1 May. The second call for applications will open in September each year, with a deadline of 1 October. No applications received after these deadlines will be considered.
Who can I contact for further information?
For funding rules and guidelines, as well as application forms, contact Debbie Marais, Head: Undergraduate Research, Research Development & Support Division, Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 021 938 9181.