HOW TO SUBMIT AN HREC APPLICATION
The Health Research Ethics Committee (HREC) uses an electronic ethics review management system,
Infonetica©, to manage the application and review process.
» This is a new system and we recommend that you consult the APPLICANT MANUAL for guidance
» To start your new HREC application and continuing reviews (progress reports, amendments, documentation, Serious Adverse Events), please click here: APPLY HERE
» How to respond to Modifications: CLICK HERE
» Clearing your browser history/cookies and cache: After multiple logins into the system it may result in you not being able to login to Infonetica again. You may receive an error message/or similar as displayed below. You will be required to clear your browser history. CLICK HERE for instructions on clearing your browser history.
Please note: If you receive a notification to revise your ethics application, you need to log in on the system and access the project listed under Projects on your work area. If you are a student, please note that your supervisor’s signature must be requested again for approval of your ethics application.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR AN HREC APPLICATION
HREC Forms and Instructions for detailed guidance on preparing documentation for the various types of HREC applications.
- Submission deadlines for new research submissions are strictly at 12h00 on the day of the deadline. Meeting the submission deadline does not guarantee your submission will be incorporated into a specific HREC meeting agenda or review cycle. Some submissions may roll over to the next available HREC meeting.
- The HREC cannot grant retrospective approval in cases where data collection has commenced or is completed. Please ensure that you submit an application for ethics review well in advance.
To login, type in your SU username followed by @sun.ac.za
Only SUNId-registered applicants will have access to the Electronic Application process. If you are not yet registered, you will need to request a SUNId registration from your department. If you are an external applicant/supervisor who requires access to the Infonetica system, you must have your engagement added via the SUNId process so that you can access Infonetica via the Stellenbosch login screen with a Stellenbosch username and password.
- SUNId guidance: http://www0.sun.ac.za/itservices/useradm/sunid.htm
- Username guidance: http://www0.sun.ac.za/itservices/useradm/usernames.htm
- Password guidance: http://www0.sun.ac.za/itservices/useradm/passwords.htm
All HREC correspondence will automatically be sent to the e-mail address registered on SUNId. Please check your official registered student or staff e-mail accounts for all correspondence from HREC. If you have a preferred email address this should be updated with Human Resources (HR) or Student Affairs. The reason for this arrangement is that the Infonetica system interfaces directly with our HR and student databases and it uses the contact information of applicants as recorded in the Human Resources and Student Information system
- There have been a few incidences where system-generated e-mails landed in recipients' junk e-mail folders due to firewall settings or a person's own spam filters. We advise anyone who is awaiting the outcome of an ethics application to check his/her junk e-mail folder. If you detect that these e-mails are sent to the junk e-mail folder, you can follow these steps to ensure that the sender (@infonetica.net) is on your safe senders list: 1) Go to your junk e-mail folder; 2) Right click on the ethics correspondence e-mail; 3) Go to Junk; 4) Select 'Never block this sender's domain'.
WHO TO CONTACT FOR HELP
**Please bookmark this page for future notices and information about the system and the application process.