Undergraduate Conference Presentation Fund
What is it?
Partial or full funding for undergraduate students to present, at academic conferences, research conducted as part of their registered degrees in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS).
What is the amount awarded?
Awards of up to R10,000 will be made.
Who is eligible?
Any undergraduate student registered in the FMHS who wishes to attend a conference to present results from research conducted as part of their undergraduate degrees in the FMHS.
How do I apply?
- Complete the latest version of the application form (UCP-02-2020). No hard copy applications are permitted.
- Attach the required supporting documents (proof of registration, ethics approval letter, official conference announcement, conference programme, proof of acceptance of abstract, written proof of conference registration fees) together with the application form in ONE PDF document.
- Submit the application, signed off by your primary research supervisor, via email on or before the submission deadline for that call, to email@example.com.
How are awards made?
Only complete applications, using the most recent application form, will be considered. Awards will be made:
- on a competitive basis and according to the guidelines,
- based on merit,
- based on available budget.
What is the application deadline?
The first call for applications opens in April each year, with a deadline of 1 May. The second call for applications will open in September each year, with a deadline of 1 October. No applications received after these deadlines will be considered.
Who can I contact for further information?
For funding rules and guidelines, as well as application forms, contact Dr Debbie Marais, Head: Undergraduate Research Office, Research Development and Support Division, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 021 938 9181.