Please submit your excellent research under the most suitable of the eight tracks below for consideration as a poster presentation:
- Infectious Diseases
- Non-communicable Diseases
- Mental Health and Neurosciences
- Violence, Injuries, Trauma and Rehabilitation
- Maternal and Child Health
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Primary Health Care
- Perioperative Sciences
The closing date for the submission of abstracts is 30 July 2021.
Please note that, as in the past, no abstract without ethics approval will be accepted, so please ensure ethics approval beforehand.
Planning for the AAD 2021 is in on track and we are excited to present the second virtual AAD this year.
Herewith some tips on preparing effective posters.
Tips for preparing effective posters
Posters should be eye-catching and attractive and they should not be cluttered with unnecessary information. They should communicate the key messages well. Colour and different type styles should be used judiciously so as not to detract from the content.
- Content: Posters should have a logical sequence and be understandable by non-experts in the field, with any abbreviations initially explained.
- Title: The title should be clear.
- Text: Text should be laid out attractively, with a range of font sizes used. Consider using bullet points, as appropriate. Graphical representation is preferable to large amounts of text.
- Figures and photographs: These should be of good quality. Figures and tables should have legends that give adequate explanations.
Participants will be able to view all the posters on the virtual platform from 11 August 2021 and will have the opportunity to ask questions on the virtual platform and make direct contact with the poster presenters via email.