Submission of abstracts
Please submit your research under the most suitable of the nine tracks below for consideration as either oral or poster presentation:
- Infectious Diseases
- Non-communicable Diseases
- Mental Health and Neurosciences
- Violence, Injuries, Trauma and Rehabilitation
- Maternal and Child Health
- Primary Health Care
- Perioperative Sciences
- Health Professions Education
- Global Health, Public Health and Health Systems
The closing date for submission of abstracts is 31 May 2023.
Please note as in the past, no abstract without ethics approval will be accepted, so please ensure ethics approval beforehand.
Herewith some tips on preparing effective posters.
Tips for preparing effective posters
Posters should be eye-catching and attractive and they should not be cluttered with unnecessary information. They should communicate the key messages well. Colour and different type styles should be used judiciously so as not to detract from the content.
- Content: Posters should have a logical sequence and be understandable by non-experts in the field, with any abbreviations initially explained.
- Title: The title should be clear.
- Text: Text should be laid out attractively, with a range of font sizes used. Consider using bullet points, as appropriate. Graphical representation is preferable to large amounts of text.
- Figures and photographs: These should be of good quality. Figures and tables should have legends that give adequate explanations.
Participants will be able to view all the posters at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences on 30 -31 August 2023.