Undergraduate Research Project Fund
What is it?
Partial or full financial support for meritorious undergraduate research projects in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at Stellenbosch University.
What is the amount awarded?
Awards of up to R5000 will be made.
Who is eligible?
Any undergraduate student registered in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences who is conducting research as part of their undergraduate degree.
How do I apply?
- Complete the latest version of the application form (URP-09-2017),
- Attach the required supporting documents (proof of registration and ethics approval letter), and
- Submit one hard copy and one electronic copy to Debbie Marais (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Undergraduate Research Office in the Research Development and Support Division at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences on Tygerberg campus (room 5009B, 5th floor teaching building).
How are awards made?
Only typed, complete applications, using the most recent application form, will be considered. Awards will be made:
- on a competitive basis and according to the guidelines,
- based on merit,
- based on available budget.
What is the application deadline?
There are two calls for applications per year. The first call is published in March, with a deadline of 1 April. The second call is published in October, with a deadline of 1 November. No applications received after these dates will be considered.
Who can I contact for further information?
For funding rules and guidelines, as well as application forms, contact Debbie Marais, Head: Undergraduate Research, Research Development and Support Division, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Email: email@example.com. Tel: 021 938 9181.