Undergraduate and Honours Research Project Fund
What is it?
Partial or full financial support for meritorious undergraduate and honours research projects in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at Stellenbosch University.
What is the amount awarded?
Awards of up to R5000 for undergraduate research projects and up to R30,000 for honours research projects will be made.
Who is eligible?
Any undergraduate or honours student registered in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences who is conducting research as part of their undergraduate or honours degree.
How do I apply?
- Complete the latest version of the application form (URP-02-2022),
- Attach the required supporting documents (2-page protocol synopsis, proof of registration, and ethics approval letter), and
- Submit the application and attachments, signed off electronically by your primary research supervisor, on or before the submission deadline for that call, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How are awards made?
Only complete applications, using the most recent application e-form, will be considered. No hard copy applications are permitted. Awards will be made:
- on a competitive basis and according to the guidelines,
- based on merit,
- based on available budget.
What is the application deadline?
There are two calls for applications per year. The first call is published in March, with a deadline of 1 April. The second call is published in October, with a deadline of 1 November. No applications received after these dates will be considered.
Who can I contact for further information?
For funding rules and guidelines, as well as application forms, contact Dr Debbie Marais, Head: Undergraduate Research Office, Research Development and Support Division, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Email: email@example.com. Tel: 021 938 9181.