Operations and Finance supports strategic focuses
Stellenbosch University (SU) is a world-class institution that delivers learning, teaching and research with a vast social impact. These academic endeavours take place on SU’s scenic campuses, which are characterised by impressive physical infrastructure, environmentally friendly operating practices, sustainable financial planning, cutting-edge information technology and communication systems, commercialisation of intellectual property and other commercial services, as well as outstanding sport and recreational facilities.
The responsibility centre of Operations and Finance supports the University’s seven institutional strategies: access, excellence, social impact, internationalisation, systemic transformation, systemic sustainability and campus renewal. By the nature of the responsibility centre’s activities, our specific focuses are systemic sustainability and campus renewal, pursuing overall operational excellence in everything we do.
Being multidimensional, Operations and Finance sensibly combines the following professional and administrative support services for the benefit of the University:
• Financial planning and management
• The expansion and maintenance of physical infrastructure (working, learning and living spaces) and campus
• The management of SU’s commercial services and the commercialisation of its intellectual property
• The promotion of entrepreneurship among students and staff
• The management of information technology
• The management of sport as a strategic University asset, and of recreation as part of a healthy lifestyle for
students and staff
• The maintenance and management of the University’s campus master plan, mobility plan (parking, shuttle
service and access control), campus security and risk management system
Ms Mariëtte Hanekom
Personal Assistant: Chief Operating Officer
Tel: +27 (0)21 808 9111