Madwaleni is situated in the Eastern Cape.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
No Muslim prayer facilities available
Madwaleni Hospital is a district hospital with a 220-bed capacity. District hospitals serve a defined population within a health district and support primary health care; with a district hospital package of care on a 24-hour basis. They have general practitioners and clinical nurse practitioners providing health services; it includes in-patient and ambulatory health services as well as emergency health services.
|Dr Michelle Allen||Site Coordinatoremail@example.com|
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
There are laptops and routers available from the SUNLOC office. Each item issued will require a R100 refundable deposit. Damaged, lost or late return of items will result in the forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
Routers are issued for clinical rotations as there is no Wi-Fi available at the site. Students are cautioned not to download movies, music or frequent social media networks as they will deplete the bandwidth, for which we are unable to replenish. They are also to ensure that all automatic downloads on all devices connected are switched off.
There is currently no printer available.
Accommodation Details and Contact Person/s
SUCCEED unit on hospital premises
Nkanya Road, Madwaleni
|Contact Person ||Dr Stuart Poole|
|Contact Number ||082 375 8309|
Keys for SUCCEED unit can be collected from Dr Stuart Poole upon arrival at Madwaleni Hospital.
Upon departure, keys are to be dropped off.
Address and driving directions
Students travel from Tygerberg Campus on the N2 to Port Elizabeth, where they have a halfway stop and overnight, usually in Port Elizabeth
The following day students continue toward East London. From East London, drive north on the N2 towards Mthatha, through the towns of Butterworth and Dutywa. Turn right at the Elliotdale sign, if you miss it, turn right at the Xhosa sign (these two roads join later). Continue on this dirt road (stay on main dirt road. Do not follow any turn-offs for clinics. Once you hit tar (this tar leads to the town of Elliotdale); immediately turn right onto another dirt road. Continue on this dirt road until you hit tar again. Continue on the tar road until you reach a circle at the end of the tar road. The hospital is situated on the left. Duration of trip on this dirt road is 3 hours. The tarred road trip is 4 hours long.
All areas are for communal use with other nursing home occupants.
- Fully equipped communal kitchen with all cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils provided
- A 4-plate stove with oven
- Microwave oven
- Television in the living area
- 4 fully furnished bedrooms with two single beds each; own bedding to be provided
- Showers are for communal use
- Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas and their bedrooms clean at all times
- Communal areas will be cleaned weekly
- Kitchen is to be kept neat and tidy at all times, no pile up of dirty tableware
- Laundry is the responsibility of the student
- Laundry facilities are available, and students are to provide own detergents
Inclusions & Exclusions
The following items are allowed in rooms:
- Tested hairdryer / hot brush / hair iron
- Radio or CD player
- Extension cord, multi-plug
- Electronic alarm clock/radio
- Ironing Board & Iron
The following items are prohibited in all rooms:
- Overnight guests – family, friends and acquaintances
- Loud music and disruptive behavior
Safety & Security