Carnarvon is on a route between Cape Town and Botswana.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
Currently no prayer facilities
Carnarvon Abattoir – Halaal meats
Bloukrans Road, Carnarvon
Carnarvon Provincially Aided Hospital
Carnarvon Hospital has a 25-bed capacity and serves a defined population within a health district and support primary health care; with a district hospital package of care on a 24-hour basis. They have general practitioners and clinical nurse practitioners providing health services; it includes in-patient and ambulatory health services as well as emergency health services.
Take note: some hospitals also have ENT clinics
Family Medicine and Primary Care, Community Health & Rehabilitation Studies
|Dr AJ Vorster||Site Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
There are laptops and routers available from the SUNLOC office. Each item issued will require a R100 refundable deposit. Damaged, lost or late return of items will result in the forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
Routers are issued for clinical rotations as there is no Wi-Fi available at the site. Students are cautioned not to download movies, music or frequent social media networks as they will deplete the bandwidth, for which we are unable to replenish. They are also to ensure that all automatic downloads on all devices connected are switched off.
There is currently no printer available.
Accommodation Details and Contact Person/s
Hospital Lane, Carnarvon
|Contact Person ||Mr Franklin Molusi|
Keys to accommodation to be collected upon arrival from Mr Franklin Molusi.
Keys to kitchen cabinets to be collected from SUNLOC offices before departure from Tygerberg campus. Keys are obtainable at a R100 refundable deposit per key.
Address and driving directions
Hospital Lane, Carnarvon
Get on N1 from Francie Van Zijl Drive. Merge onto N1 towards Paarl (215km). Turn left onto R354 (110km). Turn right onto Sarel Cilliers Street (129km) and left onto R361 (104km). Turn left onto R63 (7.7km) and right onto Hanau Street (700m). Take a left onto Zahn Street (350m) and continue onto Hospital Lane (120m).
All areas are for communal use with other nursing home occupants.
- Fully equipped communal kitchen with all cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils provided
- Kitchen cupboard keys obtainable from the SUNLOC office at R100 refundable deposit per key
- A 4-plate stove with oven
- Fridge and chest freezer in kitchen for communal use
- Microwave oven in communal kitchen
- All SUNLOC items to be locked away after use
- 2 fully furnished bedrooms with single beds; own bedding to be provided
- Showers and bathrooms are for communal use
- Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas and their bedrooms clean at all times
- Communal areas will be cleaned by hospital staff once per week according to their schedule
- Kitchen is to be kept neat and tidy at all times, no pile up of dirty tableware
- Laundry is the responsibility of the student
- Laundry facilities are available, and students are to provide own detergents
Inclusions & Exclusions
The following items are allowed in rooms:
- Tested hairdryer / hot brush / hair iron
- Radio or CD player
- Extension cord, multi-plug
- Electronic alarm clock/radio
- Ironing Board & Iron
The following items are prohibited in all rooms:
- Overnight guests – family, friends and acquaintances
- Loud music and disruptive behavior
Safety & Security
Keep cars locked and keep valuables out of view
Students are urged to look after keys, locks and remotes as the safety of all students will be jeopardized in the event of a loss
Personal valuable items are to be locked away when not in use
Close all windows and lock all doors upon exit
Report any incidents or complaints immediately to Ms. Nicole Crow on 082 420 4864
Distance to site: 575 Km's
Your safety is a priority to the SUNLOC team and Stellenbosch University.
Be alert and do not compromise your own safety under any circumstances.