Swellendam is the third oldest settlement in South Africa.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
No Muslim prayer facilities available
Swellendam Hospital is a district hospital with a 51-bed capacity. District hospitals serve a defined population within a health district and supports primary health care; with district hospital package of care on a 24-hour basis;
They have general practitioners, family physicians and clinical nurse practitioners providing health services; it includes in-patient and ambulatory health services as well as emergency health services.
District hospitals provide:
- Services of a family physician – not available at all district hospitals
- Specialist outreach clinics – this varies from weekly visits to monthly visits depending on the speciality and the logistics involved.
- The clinics are run by specialists visiting from regional hospitals and supported by the district hospital
Most district hospitals have specialist clinics in the following domains:
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopaedic surgery
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Take note: some hospitals also have ENT clinics
- Participating Departments
Family Medicine and Primary Care, Community Health & Rehabilitation Studies
|SUPERVISOR||DESIGNATION||CONTACT NUMBER||E-MAIL ADDRESS|
|Dr Helena Lubbe||MBChB Site Coordinator / Family Physician||072 763 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Sumara Botha||Family Physician||082 335 email@example.com|
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
There are laptops and routers available from the SUNLOC office. Each item issued will require a R100 refundable deposit. Damaged, lost or late return of items will result in the forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
There is Wi-Fi available for students to use for academic purposes.
Accommodation Details and Contact Person/s
Swellendam Hospital Nursing Home
31 Drostdy Road, Swellendam
|Contact Person ||Mr Breght / Mr Snel|
| ||028 514 1142|
Keys for your room can be collected from Mr Breght / Mr Snel upon arrival. Upon departure, keys are to be dropped off.
Address and driving directions
Swellendam Hospital 31 Drostdy Road, Swellendam
Head east on N1 partial toll road (89km). Turn right onto R60 (1,9km). Turn left onto Robertson Rd (2,8km). Continue onto R60 go through 1 roundabout (62,4km). Turn right to stay on R60 (44,1km). Turn left onto Voortrek St (2,3km). Turn right onto Fairbairn St (650m). Turn left onto Drostdy St. Destination will be on the right, Swellendam Hospital, 18 Drostdy Street
All areas are for communal use.
- Fully equipped communal kitchen with all appliances, cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils provided
- 2-plate stove available
- Microwave oven
- 2 fully furnished bedrooms; own bedding to be provided
- En-suite bathrooms with shower and toilet
- Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas and their bedrooms clean at all times
- Communal areas will be cleaned by service provider once per week according to their schedule
- Kitchen is to be kept neat and tidy at all times, no pile up of dirty tableware
- Laundry facilities are available, students to provide own detergents.
Inclusions & Exclusions
The following items are allowed in rooms:
- Tested hairdryer / hot brush / hair iron
- Radio or CD player
- Extension cord, multi-plug
- Electronic alarm clock/radio
- Ironing Board & Iron
The following items are prohibited in all rooms:
- Overnight guests – family, friends and acquaintances
- Loud music and disruptive behavior
Safety & Security