About Beaufort West
Beaufort West is a town in the Western Cape province in South Africa.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
Beaufort West Mosque
De Klerk Avenue, New Town
Beaufort West Hospital is a district hospital with a 57-bed capacity. District hospitals serve a defined population within a health district and support primary health care; with a district hospital package of care on a 24-hour basis. They have general practitioners, family physicians and clinical nurse practitioners providing health services; it includes in-patient and ambulatory health services as well as emergency health services.
District hospitals provide:
- Services of a family physician – not available at all district hospitals
- Specialist outreach clinics – this varies from weekly visits to monthly visits depending on the specialty and the logistics involved.
- The clinics are run by specialists visiting from regional hospitals and supported by the district hospital
Most district hospitals have specialist clinics in the following domains:
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopaedic surgery
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Take note: some hospitals also have ENT clinics
Family Medicine and Primary Care, Community Health & Rehabilitation Studies
|Dr Braam Muller||Academic Supervisor|
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
There are laptops and routers available from the SUNLOC office. Each item issued will require a R100 refundable deposit. Damaged, lost or late return of items will result in the forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
Accommodation Details and Contact Person/s
|Contact Person||Hanna Muller|
|Contact Number ||060 450 4936|
Keys for guesthouse can be collected from Hanna upon arrival. Upon departure, keys are to be dropped off.
Address and driving directions
44 Danie Theron Street, Beaufort West
Get on N1 in Loevenstein from Francie Van Zijl Drive & Mike Pienaar Boulevard (4.7km). Turn right to merge onto onto N1 toward Paarl (450m). Merge onto N1 (441km). Turn right onto Danie Theron Street (140m).
- Fully equipped kitchen with all cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils provided
- Microwave oven
- Toaster & Kettle
- 1 fully furnished bedroom – beddings and towels provided
- En-suite bathroom with shower
- Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas and their bedrooms clean at all times
- Communal areas will be cleaned by cleaning staff once per week according to their schedule
- Kitchen is to be kept neat and tidy at all times, no pile up of dirty tableware
- Laundry facilities are available – one load per student per week
Inclusions & Exclusions
The following items are allowed in room:
- Radio or CD player
- Extension cord, multi-plug
- Electronic alarm clock/radio
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Tested hairdryer / hot brush / hair iron
The following items are prohibited in all rooms:
- Overnight guests – family, friends and acquaintances
- Loud music and disruptive behavior
Safety & Security
Be alert and do not compromise your own safety under any circumstances.