Caledon is an agricultural town on the slopes of the Klein Swartberg.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
Caledon Overberg Muslim Society & Masjid
Corner of Dempers & Cathcart Streets
Caledon Hospital is district hospital with a 71-bed capacity. District hospitals serve a defined population within a health district and support primary health care; with district hospital packages of care on a 24-hour basis. They have general practitioners, family physicians and clinical nurse practitioners providing health services; it includes in-patient and ambulatory health services as well as emergency health services.
Family Medicine and Primary Care, Community Health & Rehabilitation Studies
|Dr Loulin Scholtz||Site Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Hananja Donald|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Liesel Smal||Occupational Therapist||Liesel.Smal@westerncape.gov.za|
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
There are laptops and routers available from the SUNLOC office. Each item issued will require a R100 refundable deposit. Damaged, lost or late return of items will result in the forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
There is Wi-Fi available for students to use for academic purposes.
Accommodation Details and Contact Person/s
7 Metcalf Street, Caledon
|Contact Person ||Mrs Mariaan Coetzee|
|Contact Number ||082 330 7085|
Keys for your room can be collected from Reception upon arrival. Check-in time is 2pm. Upon departure, keys are to be dropped off.
Address and driving directions
Caledon is situated 110km east of Cape Town on the N2. From SU, FMHS, travel east on the N2 over Sir Lowry's Pass to Bot River. By-pass Bot River and continue on the N2 for 23 km and you will arrive at Caledon. At Caledon, turn right into Prince Alfred Drive. Turn right at the first cross street onto Laing Street (170m). At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Sauer Street (170m). At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Metcalf Road (230m), destination will be on your right.
All areas are for communal use.
Fully equipped communal kitchen with all cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils provided
- Mini stove available
- Microwave oven
- 2 bedrooms with single beds – bedding provided,
please bring own towels
- Shower and Bath
- Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas and their bedrooms clean at all times
- Communal areas will be cleaned by staff once per week according to their schedule
- Kitchen is to be kept neat and tidy at all times, no pile up of dirty tableware
- Laundry to be done once a week – arrange with owner
Inclusions & Exclusions
The following items are allowed in rooms:
- Tested hairdryer / hot brush / hair iron
- Radio or CD player
- Extension cord, multi-plug
- Electronic alarm clock/radio
- Ironing Board & Iron
The following items are prohibited in all rooms:
- Overnight guests – family, friends and acquaintances
- Loud music and disruptive behaviour
Safety & Security
- Keep cars locked and keep valuables out of view
- Students are urged to look after keys, locks and remotes as the safety of all students will be jeopardized in the event of a loss
- Personal valuable items are to be locked away when not in use
- Close all windows and lock all doors upon exit
- Report any incidents or complaints immediately to Ms. Nicole Crow on 082 420 4864
Distance to site: 104 km's
Your safety is a priority to the SUNLOC team and Stellenbosch University.
Be alert and do not compromise your own safety under any circumstances.