The town of Malmesbury is situated in the heart of the Swartland Wine Route.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
Corner of Tekoma and Narina Avenue
Malmesbury (Swartland) Hospital
Malmesbury (Swartland) Hospital is a district hospital with an 85-bed capacity. District hospitals serve a defined population within a health district and support primary health care; with a district hospital package of care on a 24-hour basis. They have family physicians or general practitioners and clinical nurse practitioners providing health services; it includes in-patient and ambulatory health services as well as emergency health services.
District hospitals provide:
- Services of a family physician – not available at all district hospitals
- Specialist outreach clinics – this varies from weekly visits to monthly visits depending on the speciality and the logistics involved.
- The clinics are run by specialists visiting from regional hospitals and supported by the district hospital
Most district hospitals have specialist clinics in the following domains:
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopaedic surgery
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Take note: some hospitals also have ENT clinic
Family Medicine and Primary Care, Community Health & Rehabilitation Studies
|Dr Gavin Hendricks||Site Coordinator||Gavin.Hendricks@westerncape.gov.za|
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
There are laptops and routers available from the SUNLOC office. Each item issued will require a R100 refundable deposit. Damaged, lost or late return of items will result in the forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
There is Wi-Fi available for students to use for academic purposes.
Students are cautioned not to download movies, music or frequent social media networks as bandwidth will be depleted and we are unable to replenish data. Automatic downloads on all connected devices to be switched off.
Accommodation Details and Contact Person/s
Manasse Manor Guesthouse
11Bergzicht Street, Malmesbury
|Guesthouse Owner||Mrs Corne Bosman|
|Contact Number ||082 768 3745|
Address and driving directions
Head east on Francie Van Zijl toward Duiker St (700m), Slight left onto M16 (1.9km), take the 1st left to stay on M16 (1.6km), turn left to merge onto N1 toward Cape Town (6.9 km), Take exit 13 to merge onto N7 toward Malmesbury (56.0 km), take exit toward R45 (350 m), turn left onto R45 (1.0 km), take the 2nd right toward De Kock St (67m), turn left into De Kock St (350m), destination will be on the left: Swartland Hospital, P G Nelson St, Malmesbury 7299, South Africa
- Fully equipped communal kitchenette with appliances, crockery and cutlery
- Frying Pan
- Microwave oven
- 2 fully furnished bedrooms – bedding provide
- Communal bathroom with shower
- Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas and their bedrooms clean at all times
- Communal areas will be cleaned by guesthouse staff once per week according to their schedule
- No pile up of dirty tableware
- Laundry is the responsibility of the student; facilities are available – students to provide own detergents
Inclusions & Exclusions
The following items are allowed in rooms:
- Tested hairdryer / hot brush / hair iron
- Radio or CD player / Alectronic alarm clock or radio
- Extension cord, multi-plug
- Ironing Board & Iron
The following items are prohibited in all rooms:
- Overnight guests – family, friends and acquaintances
- Loud music and disruptive behavior
Safety & Security