Springbok is located on the N7 National road which connects the Cape with Namibia.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
Muslim students to contact:
Contact Person : Dr Taha
Contact Number : 084 967 6652
They will be shown prayer facilities and halaal butcheries in the area.
Springbok (Dr Van Niekerk) Hospital
Springbok (Dr. Van Niekerk) Hospital is a district hospital with a 40-bed capacity. District hospitals serve a defined population within a health district and support primary health care; with a district hospital package of care on a 24-hour basis. They have general practitioners, family physicians and clinical nurse practitioners providing health services; it includes in-patient and ambulatory health services as well as emergency health services.
District hospitals provide:
Services of a family physician – not available at all district hospitals
Specialist outreach clinics – this varies from weekly visits to monthly visits depending on the speciality and the logistics involved.
The clinics are run by specialists visiting from regional hospitals and supported by the district hospital
Most district hospitals have specialist clinics in the following domains:
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopaedic surgery
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Take note: some hospitals also have ENT clinics
Family Medicine and Primary Care, Community Health & Rehabilitation Studies
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
There are laptops and routers available from the SUNLOC office. Each item issued will require a R100 refundable deposit. Damaged, lost or late return of items will result in the forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
Routers are issued for clinical rotations as there is no Wi-Fi available at the site. Students are cautioned not to download movies, music or frequent social media networks as they will deplete the bandwidth, for which we are unable to replenish. They are also to ensure that all automatic downloads on all devices connected are switched off.
There is currently no printer available.
Accommodation Details and Contact Person/s
2 Roux Street, Springbok
|Rental Agent||Kaylene Grasser |
|Contact Number||076 874 8382|
Address and driving directions
Head south towards Francie Van Zijl Drive (400m), turn right at the first cross street onto Francie Van Zijl Drive (2.1km). Turn left onto Mike Pienaar (1.6km) and use the left lanes to merge onto N1 toward Cape Town (650m). Merge onto the N1 (6.3km), take the N7 exit (250m) and keep right the fork, follow signs for Malmesbury and merge onto N7 (900m). Keep right to continue on N7 (117km). At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on the N7 (425km). Turn left onto R329 (3.1km) and continue onto Voortrekker Street (700m) and turn right onto Roux Street (79m). This will be the fourth road to the right. Destination will be on the right.
- Fully equipped communal kitchen with appliances, crockery and cutlery
- 4-plate Stove with oven
- Microwave oven
- 4 fully furnished bedrooms with single beds – student to provide own bedding
- 3 bedrooms with en-suite bathroom
- Bathroom with communal shower
- Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas and their bedrooms clean at all times
- Communal areas will be cleaned by guesthouse staff once per week according to their schedule
- No pile up of dirty tableware
- Laundry is the responsibility of the student
- Laundry facilities are available, and students are to provide own detergents
Inclusions & Exclusions
The following items are allowed in rooms:
- Tested hairdryer / hot brush / hair iron
- Radio or CD player
- Extension cord, multi-plug
- Electronic alarm clock/radio
- Ironing Board & Iron
The following items are prohibited in all rooms:
- Overnight guests – family, friends and acquaintances
- Loud music and disruptive behavior
Safety & Security