Calvinia is a regional town in the Northern Cape province of South Africa.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
No Muslim prayer facilities available
Calvinia (Abraham Esau) Hospital
Calvinia (Abraham Esau) Hospital is a district hospital with a 33-bed capacity and serves a defined population within a health district and support primary health care; with a district hospital package of care on a 24-hour basis. They have general practitioners, family physicians and clinical nurse practitioners providing health services; it includes in-patient and ambulatory health services as well as emergency health services.
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
There are laptops and routers available from the SUNLOC office. Each item issued will require a R100 refundable deposit. Damaged, lost or late return of items will result in the forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
Routers are issued for clinical rotations as there is no Wi-Fi available at the site. Students are cautioned not to download movies, music or frequent social media networks as they will deplete the bandwidth, for which we are unable to replenish. They are also to ensure that all automatic downloads on all devices connected are switched off.
There is currently no printer available.
Accommodation Details and Contact Person/s
15 Van Riebeeck Street, Calvinia
|Hanri Wait ||076 847 2156 |
|Johnny Wait||076 847 2154|
|Oom Wikkie||083 373 0886|
|Tannie Lola||072 374 5060|
Keys to be collected from SUNLOC office at a refundable deposit of R100
Address and driving directions
Travel on the N1 from Francie Van Zijl Drive. Turn right to merge onto the N1 (6.3km) and take the N7 exit (250m). Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Malmesbury and merge onto M7/N7 (900m). Keep right to continue on N7 (117km). At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on the N7 (95.5km). Take the exit towards R364 (450m) and turn right onto R364 (1.4km). Continue onto Graafwater Weg (1.1km), then continue to Augsburg Road (500m) and continue onto R364 (116km). Turn right onto R27, turn left onto Dorp Street (350m) and left toward Van Riebeeck Street. Destination will be on the right, directly opposite Calvinia Primary School / Laerskool Calvinia.
Note: Do not take Bitterfontein exit at any stage. This leads to a gravel road for about 1hour 30minutes and there is no signal in this area. Driving this road will be a safety hazard.
Fully equipped communal kitchen with all cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils provided
- A 4-plate stove with oven
- Microwave oven
- Kettle & Toaster
- 2 fully furnished bedrooms with queen sized beds; own bedding to be provided
- Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas and their bedrooms clean at all times
- Communal areas will be serviced once per week
- Kitchen is to be kept neat and tidy at all times, no pile up of dirty tableware
- Laundry is the responsibility of the student - Laundry facilities are available, and students are to provide own detergents
Inclusions & Exclusions The following items are allowed in rooms:
- Tested hairdryer / hot brush / hair iron
- Radio or CD player
- Extension cord, multi-plug
- Electronic alarm clock/radio
- Ironing Board & Iron
The following items are prohibited in all rooms:
- Overnight guests – family, friends and acquaintances
- Loud music and disruptive behavior
Safety & Security