Department of Psychiatry
Research - Research Units
The Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress
Chair: Miranda Olff
Co-Chair: Ulrich Schnyder
The full steering committee is listed here.
Our society is partner in the Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress. The Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress consists of researchers and clinicians representing traumatic stress societies worldwide who work together on traumatic stress topics of global importance. As part of a package of global activities the Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress was initiated by ISTSS in 2012 (See Olff, 2014; 2015; Schnyder, 2013, Schnyder & Olff, 2013, Schnyder, et al., 2017) when the global project team with representatives from eight traumatic stress societies first met and decided on the first topics on which to collaborate.
The aims of the Global collaboration are:
"To identify objectives, facilitate development, and coordinate activities of global importance [..] the community of traumatic stress researchers and practitioners should develop collaborations, and ultimately structures, that would enable them to optimally respond to those tasks that are best addressed by means of international collaboration" (Schnyder et al., 2017).
Currently, the Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress works on five themes with projects addressing important global traumatic stress issues.
ISTSS members are invited to view the themes and projects and to participate where possible. To learn more, click here.
For specific interest in one of the projects find out more on the projects page.
The following professional societies are currently partnering in the Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress:
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ISTSS)
- European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ESTSS)
- Japanese Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (JSTSS)
- Australasian Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ASTSS)
- Argentina Society for Psychotrauma (SAPsi)
- Asian Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (Asian STSS-Hong Kong)
- Canadian Psychological Association Traumatic Stress Section (CPA TSS)
- German-speaking Society for Psychotraumatology (DeGPT)
- Asociación Chilena de Estrés Traumático (ACET)
- (South) African Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (in formation)
For more see partners. Other groups engaged in traumatic stress related issues are welcome.