Project Title: Violence against and among children
Scope of Research: This appointment resorts under the Stellenbosch University Department of Educational Psychology. The appointment is for one year with the option of renewal for a further year, subject to funding. The successful candidate will ideally contribute to the current expertise in the department with a focus on youth violence and childhood adversity. The Fellow will be based at the Department and will be expected to deliver at least three subsidy-bearing publications per annum. In addition to their own research, they may need to undertake postgraduate supervision, contribute to grant applications and present conference papers.
Host: Dr Melanie Moen
Department of Educational Psychology, Faculty of Education, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology or related Social Sciences degree (must have graduated within the last five years).
- Evidence of the ability to publish in national and international journals.
- Social Sciences or Psychological research experience.
The post-doctoral fellowship package includes: R225 000 per annum and workspace.
Commencement date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 31 May 2023
Send a letter of application, accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae, including a list of publications and the names and contact details of at least two referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants should request their referees to forward confidential reports by the closing date directly to the same address.
- Note: Postdoctoral fellows are not appointed as employees and as their fellowships are awarded tax-free, they are not eligible for employee benefits. The University reserves the right NOT to make an appointment if suitable candidates do not apply.
- Note: If the contract is for two years, this will be subject to the availability of funds and satisfactory academic progress (annual performance reviews must be held).