All graduands must proceed directly to the venue and be in possession of their hired academic wear. Please note that you are required to have the approved academic attire. You will receive your announcement card at this point. Graduands are kindly requested to be seated 1 hour before the start of the ceremony. The doors to the venue will be opened 1 hour before the commencement of the ceremony.
The venue’s population certificate (a legal requirement) limits the number of individuals that may be in the venue at any given time, compelling SU to issue a specific number of admission tickets per graduand.
- Each graduand up to honours level will be allowed to invite two (2) guests.
- Master’s candidates may invite three (3) guests.
- Doctoral candidates may invite four (4) guests.
Preschool children should preferably not attend the ceremonies. If it happens, such a child must also be in possession of an admission ticket and will therefore form part of the number of admission tickets that can be issued to a candidate.
Graduand tickets, as well as guest admission tickets will be emailed to graduands by Thursday, 23 March 2023. Please check your official “@sun” student email account for the admission tickets, and also check your “junk” folder. Note that the tickets will be sent from a Quicket account.
Family and friends that are unable to attend the event can also follow the ceremony online at www.sun.ac.za/streaming.
Tickets can be printed or saved to cell phones and must be shown at the door. Note that this arrangement applies to both graduands and guests.
- Graduands and guests arriving after the commencement of a ceremony, even with admission tickets, may be denied access to the venue.
- Preschool children should preferably not attend the ceremonies. If it happens, such a child must also be in possession of an admission ticket and will therefore form part of the number of admission tickets that can be issued to a candidate.
- In keeping with the dignity of the ceremony, all candidates, as well as their guests, are requested NOT to leave the hall during the ceremony.