Centre for Student Leadership and Structures:
Frederik Van Zyl Slabbert Institute for Student Leadership Development
Position: FVZS Programme Administrator
The FVZS Programme Administrator forms part of the permanent staff component of the FVZS Institute within the Centre for Student Leadership & Structures (CSLS). The FVZS Programme Administrator, in collaboration with the FVZS Programme Coordinator and reporting to the FVZS Programme Manager, will focus primarily on improving and expanding the current reach of offerings and opportunities to both the Stellenbosch University community and the broader public. This role needs a passionate and vibrant individual who is not only an excellent administrator, but a critical thinker, engaged in the various co-curriculum spaces and who is a participator in conversations. We are searching for a Postgraduate student who will bring fresh ideas to co-create the FVZS offerings, aligned with the CSLS and SU vision.
With support and guidance from the FVZS Programme Manager and Coordinator, the FVZS Programme Administrator will be responsible for:
- Responding to short course enquiries;
- Assisting the Programme Coordinator with compiling the objectives, outcomes, content and assessments for short courses offered by the Institute;
- Assisting with the course administration of all short courses offered by the FVZS Institute;
- Assisting with the short course application process;
- Assisting with the logistics (venue, AV requirements, photo copies) for all short course offerings;
- Assisting the FVZS Programme Manager with the arrangements of the FVZS Recognition ceremonies (related to the short course administration);
- Maintaining the database of facilitators and course content;
- Assisting with the pre-evaluation and post-evaluation forms to be submitted to the FVZS Programme Coordinator;
- With the support and guidance of the Head: FVZS, coordinating the FVZS’s Critical Engagement portfolio which specifically includes the FVZS Discourse Series and the compulsory critical engagement session for all course participants. This includes ad hoc critical engagement opportunities in collaboration with local and international partners.
- In collaboration with the FVZS Programme Coordinator, with the oversight of the DSAf Communications Coordinator, creating content and posts for the FVZS social media platforms.
- Must be a registered SU Postgraduate student;
- The FVZS Programme Administrator must have completed at least one FVZS Short course;
- Must have been involved in the student leadership community and have a clear understanding of key student leadership issues on campus and within the broader Higher Education landscape in South Africa;
- Understand the FVZSI’s core focus, programmes and key critical engagement opportunities (discourse series and FVZS honorary lecture, SULeads);
- Understand the changing context of Higher Education and its impact on the FVZSI offerings;
- Excellent communication skills in English (writing and verbal).
period of employment
8 months (5 hours per day) fixed term contract (1 February 2020 – 30 September 2020)
Your application must comprise of a two page curriculum vitae and a 300 word reflection on your understanding of leadership, and the role of leadership short courses/offerings in the holistic development of students in South Africa.
deadline: 30 october 2019
Applications close on
30 October 2019
Applications to be send electronically to email@example.com – Subject line: FVZS Programme Administrator
Enquiries regarding job content and remuneration: Spurgeon-Haddon Wilson (021 808 4987)