Stellenbosch University Co-curricular Support Fund (SUCSF)
The operation of the Stellenbosch University Co-curricular Support Fund (SUCSF) is subject to institutional and national COVID-19 regulations. For the latest updates, click here.
Stellenbosch University's Co-curricular Support Fund (SUCSF/USKOF) is administered by the Division Student Affairs and is a student bursary fund for national, international, and online co-curricular events and courses.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR FUNDING?
- Does the event have a co-curricular theme?
- Will I graduate within the minimum time of my programme, plus one year?
- If this is my first year at SU, have I successfully completed my first semester?
WHAT CAN I USE THE FUND FOR?
The fund can be used for the following expenses:
- Visa fees
- Conference fees
Please refer to the guidelines below for the full list of criteria.
BACKGROUND OF SUCSF:
On the strength of a needs assessment done in 2011, it clearly appeared that several departments, divisions, and centres of Stellenbosch University (SU) make funds available for supporting the co-curricular development of students. Mostly, these funds are made available and utilised for the following reasons:
- Students' attendance of and participation in national and international conferences falling outside the formal academic offering;
- Support for student initiatives on campus additional to the day-to-day activities of student structures for which there are existing budgets; and
- Support for Students' Representative Council's (SRC) initiatives linked to the above-mentioned, but also initiatives related to national and international co-curricular activities that are preferably not annual or repetitive events.
Funds are limited and available money must be managed, utilised, and allocated responsibly so that it can have a greater and better effect on the student community of SU.
Therefore, it has been decided to establish a central fund in which existing SU funds can be pooled. The outcome of this fund will be that:
- more students are supported and a greater and better effect is ensured;
- criteria are set according to which applications are assessed; and
- the application and utilisation of the funds by students are assessed by reporting and similar ways of feedback.
Based on this, it has been decided to establish the Stellenbosch University Co-curricular Support Fund (SUCSF/USKOF).
Students who wish to apply for funding at SUCSF/USKOF, should consult these documents:
- Applications are now open for all co-curricular events and courses.
- Applications are considered at the discretion of the Committee, according to the prevailing COVID-19 regulations and possible risks. The well-being of our students is of utmost importance.
For more information, contact email@example.com.