Unit for Graduand Career Services
At the Unit for Graduand Career Services (UGCS), we offer the following career services:
- Make our students optimally aware of ways in which they can prepare themselves for entering the world of work.
- Bring students and potential employers into contact with each other by organising, amongst others, the careers fairs to contribute to the optimal placement of graduate students.
- Keep our career and corporate resources relevant and up to date.
- Manage the careers portal.
- Equip our students with job-hunting skills.
Although the Unit for Graduand Career Services will serve all registered students of Stellenbosch University (SU), our services are specifically geared towards preparing our final-year students for the world of work. Therefore, our core business is to prepare our students optimally for the world of work. This task is carried out via different career services, inter alia the following:
- CV-writing workshops
- Interviewing skills workshops
- Cover letter workshops
- The Annual Graduate Placement and Career Development Programme
- Career fairs
- Lunchtime company presentations
- Company assessments and interviews
- Graduate recruitment booklet
- Management of the Careers Portal – http://jobs.mymaties.com/
- Individual discussion sessions on career development
- e-workshops, e.g. personal branding workshop on SUNLearn
Now that our positioning within the CSCD and the diverse pool of services offered by SU is on course, we shall focus on extending our services. We shall also take hands with faculties, departments, student bodies and divisions like the Frederick Van Zyl Slabbert Institute for Student Leadership Development, as well as external service providers.
For career advice, please contact the Centre for Student Recruitment and Career Advice, which focuses primarily on serving prospective students. The referral to "graduand" in the name of the unit refers to students who are on the verge of graduating.
GPS Coordinates: -33.9343326,18.867229
For more information, contact Delisha van Neel at 021-808 3568 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please like our Facebook page Maties Careers
and follow us on Twitter @maties_careers