Department of Paediatrics and Child Health
Dr Lizel Lloyd
Lizel Georgi Lloyd is neonatologist with an interest in early diagnosis of neonatal infections, antibiotic stewardship and neonatal convulsions.
She completed her paediatric and neonatal speciality training at the University of Pretoria. She took up a neonatal consultant post at Tygerberg Hospital in 2014.
Affiliations: Dr Lloyd is a member of United South African Neonatal Association (USANA)
- Lloyd LG, Smith J. The management of persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn A review. S Afr J Child Health 2016;10(4):194-198
- Lloyd LG, de Witt W. The mystery of the disappearing eye: a neonatal case report. S Afr J CH 2014;8(1):34-36
- Lloyd LG, de Witt W. Neonatal mortality in South Africa: How are we doing and can we do better? S Afr Med J 2013;103(8):518-519
- Lloyd LG. Improving neonatal care in rural areas: an approach to common causes of neonatal mortality. S Afr Fam Pract 2012;54(4):297-301
- Lloyd LG, de Witt W. Splenic rupture in a neonate – a rare complication. S Afr J CH 2011; 5(3):94-96
- Dramowski A, Lloyd LG, Bekker A, Holgate S, Reddy K, Aucamp M, Finlayson H. Neonatal listeriosis during a countrywide epidemic: a tertiary hospital's experience. S Afr Med J 2018;108(10):818-827
- Lloyd LG. Early onset neonatal sepsis in developing countries. 4th International Neonatology Association Conference, 22-24 June 2018, Ghent, Belgium.
- Dramowski A, Lloyd LG, Bekker A, Holgate S, Reddy K, Aucamp M, Finlayson H. Neonatal listeriosis during a countrywide epidemic: a tertiary hospital's experience. 62nd Annual Academic Day, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University, 29 August 2018, Cape Town
- Lloyd LG. Management of neonatal convulsions. 2nd Biennial USANA conference, 18-20 September 2015, Durban
- Lloyd LG. The late premature infant . Annual Update conference, February 2013, Pretoria,
- Lloyd LG, de Witt TW. Mysterious abdominal mass in a neonate – a rare complication. Poster presentation, University of Pretoria Faculty day, August 2011
- Lloyd LG, Delport S. The use of donor breast milk in a neonatal unit. 27th Priorities in Perinatal Care in Southern Africa, March 2008, Johannesburg