Department of Nursing and Midwifery
Overall Theme: Patient safety and Quality of Care
- Integration of person-centeredness into nursing education and practice
- Positive Deviance
- Quality of work life and workplace wellness
Injury and Rehabilitation
|Evidence based practice|
- Evidence based practice intended to develop, implement and evaluate research findings, inclusive of evidence-based practice guidelines into practice and education
Evidence-based health care
|Leadership and governance |
- Focus on understanding factors that contribute to nursing leadership, this will ensure a future supply of nursing leaders who can positively influence outcomes for health care providers and patients
- Women in leadership
- Diversity and cultural considerations in leadership
|Patient safety education and competencies |
- Focus on the patient safety competencies and pre-service education, with a specific focus on integrating patient safety competencies and quality of care into the nursing curriculums and clinical platforms.
- Litigations and malpractice in health care settings.
|Primary Health Care |
- Focus on role played nursing in the delivery of primary care. Where primary care setting included general practice and community-based facilities such as nurse clinics.
- Chronic disease management
- HIV/AIDS including provision of Nurse-initiated and management of antiretroviral treatment (NIMART)
- Adolescent tailored care
- Primary Care Nurse Specialist competencies
- Self management, resilience and empowerment.
|Primary Health Care|
|Maternal and Child Care|
- Health Informatics and Technology in Maternal Care
- Care coordination
|Reproductive Care |