Leopoldt van Huyssteen
Operations and Finance supports strategic focuses
Stellenbosch University (SU) is a world-class institution characterised by, inter alia, an impressive physical infrastructure, ecologically responsible operating practices, a sustainable budget and cutting-edge information and communication systems. These facilities and services are essential for continued academic excellence, and the strengthening of SU's reputation as a respected knowledge partner. A sustainable support service is one that continuously adds value to the operations of the University. Additionally, we run a wide range of overarching institutional initiatives, including sustainability and mobility. This responsibility centre supports the University's four strategic focuses: student success, an expanded knowledge base, a more diverse student and staff corps, and systemic sustainability, with a special focus on the latter.
Operations and Finance is a multidimensional responsibility centre in which the following key support services are combined sensibly for the benefit of SU:
- Financial planning and management
- The expansion and maintenance of physical infrastructure (working, learning and living spaces) and protection services
- The management of institutional projects
- The management of intellectual property commercialisation
- The promotion of entrepreneurship among students and staff
- The maintenance and management of the University's campus master plan, mobility plan (parking, shuttle service and access control) and risk management system
Through their respective functions, the various divisions in this responsibility centre – ProjektUS , Facilities Management, InnovUS and Finance – contribute to an integrated support services environment.
Tel: +27 (0)21 808 9111
Fax: +27 (0)21 808 3714