Welcome to the Division of Clinical Pharmacology at Stellenbosch University.
The Division of Clinical Pharmacology is situated in the Department of Medicine at Stellenbosch University's Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Vision & Mission
To become a leader in clinical pharmacology in order to improve patient care in South Africa, Africa and beyond.
To advance health care by cultivating excellence and innovation through teaching, clinical service and research.
Teaching, Clinical Service & Research
- Provide innovative state-of-the-art teaching to students and health care practitioners.
- Focus on evidence-based approaches to prescribing.
- Develop students and doctors to become leaders in clinical pharmacology.
- Provide evidence-based care that optimises medication use across all health care contexts.
- Optimise health outcomes by partnering with patients, caregivers, health care professionals, regulators and policymakers.
- Provide a high-quality poison information service to health care professionals and the general public.
- Provide a state-of-the-art therapeutic drug monitoring service to local hospitals as well as private laboratories.
- Participate in local, national and international health programmes that promote and advocate health improvement, wellness, disease prevention and treatment, and access to health care.
- Serve as patient advocates, especially for underserved populations.
- Generate and disseminate knowledge to advance patient care, medication safety, disease prevention and treatment, cost-effective and high-quality health care, and clinical pharmacology education.
- Apply new knowledge to develop, evaluate and disseminate innovative health care delivery models, clinical pharmacology education and health policy.
- Participate as active leaders at Stellenbosch University.