Admission Tickets – Graduand and Guest Tickets
Please note that the venue’s population certificate (a legal requirement) limits the number of individuals that may be in the venue at any given time, compelling SU to issue a specific number of admission tickets per graduand. The current Level 1 Disaster Management Regulations further determine that a venue may not exceed 50% of its capacity, with a maximum capacity of 250 people for indoor gatherings.
Based on the above the following revised number of guest tickets will be issued:
- Doctoral Graduands - Each candidate may invite two (2) guests
- Honorary Doctorates - Each candidate may invite two (2) guests
- Chancellor’s Awards Recipients - Each candidate may invite one (1) guest
- Chancellor’s Medallist - The candidate may invite two (2) guests
- No guest or graduand will be allowed to enter the venue without an admission ticket.
- Regrettably, no additional guest tickets will be available for any of the graduation ceremonies.
- We respectfully request graduands and guests that are over the age of 60 and/or with any comorbidities to refrain from attending the physical ceremonies. Graduands or guests over the age of 60 or with any comorbidities should take extra precaution.
- The physical graduation ceremonies will be live streamed for family and friends that are unable to attend the event.
- Each graduand and guest will receive a unique seat number. Please do not move/change seats.
Graduands and guest admission tickets will be emailed by Tuesday, 8 December 2020. Please check your official “@sun” student email account or the e-mail account registered by you on the University system for the admission tickets. Please also check your “junk” or “spam” folder. Note that the tickets will be sent from a Quicket account. Tickets can be printed or saved to cell phones and must be shown at the door. Note that this arrangement applies to both graduands and guests.
PHD CANDIDATES - CONFIRMATION OF ATTENDANCE
All PhD candidates, including the March/April 2020 cohort, are kindly requested to confirm their attendance by following this LINK. Please note you will not receive any admission tickets (graduand or guest) if your submission has not been received before 16 November 2020.
All graduands are requested to present themselves at the Endler Hall 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony. Graduands must proceed directly to their allocated seat. Your seat number will be indicated on your invitation.