* this page is under construction *
Safety on field work
Safety in the field is primarily your own responsibility.
- Always operate vehicles according to the law and obey special safety instructions that may apply to the various places in which you may be working (e.g., mines, quarries, processing plants, slag heaps, other countries etc.).
- You are personally responsible for paying any fines related to traffic or parking violations.
- Use portable and fixed equipment according to the instructions and training that you received. If you need training in something specific, ask for it. Mr George Olivier can help.
- Always wear eye protection hammering rocks to obtain samples. Never use one hammer to strike another one, as this commonly causes metal fragments to be thrown off at high velocity. These can cause serious injury.
Always think about safety first!