International Collaboration Mobility Grants
These grants are awarded to SU academic or support staff on a bi-annual basis, with calls in March (for travel in Semester 2) and September (for travel in Semester 1 of the following year) annually. Mobility can be to any institution globally.
The objective of the grant is to strengthen collaboration with counterparts at any institution abroad, excluding African and BRICS countries (these are covered under other funding instruments, see BRICS grant and ACG grant).
The value of the travel grant which can be applied for is between R17 500 - R25 000 and should supplement additional funding from other sources.
Before completing the application form online, please ensure that you have the following documents ready to upload:
- Letter of Invitation from host institution
- Research record of the past 5 years (for Academic staff applications)/ brief outline of dailly duties (for Support Staff applications)
- Letter of support from line manager
- Letter of support from Senior Director/Dean
- The applicant must indicate how the funding will support collaboration with one or more institutions whether at the level of research, teaching or capacity development.
- Budget for visit
- Short CV
Complete application form https://sunsurveys.sun.ac.za/Staff-exchange-application.aspx
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only full-time academic and support staff members (permanent) of Stellenbosch University are eligible to apply.
- A visit must comprise of at least 5 working days.
- An applicant will only be eligible to apply for the same category of the grant every two years.
- The award of the grant will be made on a competitive basis. Applications are reviewed by an internal panel based on quality and potential impact of the visit.
- If more than one applicant from the same Department applies, only one grant will be awarded to the Department at the discretion of the SU International selection committee.
- The exchange opportunities cannot be used for the attendance of a conference/workshop/symposium or seminar only.
- The applicant must ensure that the application form is complete, with all the required documents included/attached. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- No travel arrangements should be made before confirmation from the SU International and the international exchange partner that the visit can proceed. SU International will not reimburse any costs incurred should the visit not proceed, and travel arrangements were already made.
- At the time of the call, information was correct, but may be subject to change.
- Deadlines should be strictly adhered to. Late applications will not be considered.
Successful applicants must submit a report on completion of the grant activities within one month after completion. The report will be generated through an online questionnaire provided by SU .
For more information contact: Lidia du Plessis, email@example.com or visit the website www.sun.ac.za/international