Internationalisation at Stellenbosch University
In an increasingly globalised and interconnected world, internationalisation has become a top priority for many universities worldwide, and Stellenbosch University (SU) is no exception. Over the past 25 years, SU has built one of the largest international footprints of all South African universities: Every year, it participates in more than 650 internationalisation activities with more than 450 institutions in over 70 countries globally. Close to 120 of these activities occur in Africa with approximately 100 partners spread over 30 countries on the continent.
Falling under Prof Hester Klopper, Deputy Vice-Chancellor: Strategy, Global and Corporate Affairs, Stellenbosch University International (SU International) supports SU's internationalisation activities in the rest of Africa and beyond. Our mission is to:
- enhance SU's engagement with Africa and expand its networks in the rest of the world;
- establish international alumni hubs;
- build SU's international profile; and
- pursue sustainability through income-generating activities
- Internationalisation Policy.
SU in the world
Institutional and Faculty/Departmental level Partners
Where our students are from