Global Citizenship Short Course
The Global Citizenship short course is a co-curricular offering by SU International in collaboration with the Frederik Van Zyl Slabbert (FVZS) Institute for Student Leadership Development.
What does the course consist of?
Presented over nine months, the course consists of three components. These are:
- themed sessions introducing participants to different aspects of global citizenship and engaging with various role-players;
- community engagement (20 hours); and
- intercultural competence, which includes foreign language acquisition and international exposure and interaction.
What does the course aim to achieve?
The objective is to:
- help you understand what global citizenship entails;
- promote global social awareness;
- enable you to play your part as a global citizen;
- contribute to developing well-rounded world-class students/citizens;
- equip you with a skills set that will enable you to operate in a globalised world, including leadership, critical thinking, public reasoning, adaptability, teamwork amidst diversity, problem-solving and networking;
- develop intercultural competence;
- link up with SU's graduate attributes; and
- promote internationalisation at home.
How do I apply and where can I get more information?
For enquiries about the course, contact Alecia Erasmus at email@example.com