What international students say
“I chose to study at Stellenbosch University because from what I saw the University is very student interest based, allowing you to be more than just a student number. It has a multitude of programs and classes and the campus in Stellenbosch is incredibly beautiful, inside and out. I feel that the learning environment really contributes to students overall performance." - Morgan Cornwall (Canada)
“Stellenbosch University is a world-class institution with an international outlook. I like the exceptional programs that are being offered. Education has always been a crucial aspect of my life and I particularly find Stellenbosch University conducive for learning." - Oluwadamilola Oluwusi (Nigeria)
“As a researcher at SU, you'll have an excellent learning and research experience. Stellenbosch University is one of the leading universities in Africa and the University offers a state-of-art platform that is respected by employers and academics worldwide." - Dr Astik Biswas (India)
Research For Impact
Our research agenda is to optimise the scientific, economic, social, scholarly and cultural impact of our research. Our focus is on interdisciplinary research that benefits society on a national, continental and global scale.
- SU is as founding partner of the African Research Universities Alliance (ARUA) The Alliance of 16 African universities promotes & strengthens research on the continent.
- According to official figures that the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) released in 2022, we are among South Africa’s top three research intensive universities, both per capita andin terms of total research output.
- SU had 7 centres of excellence of the Department of Science and Innovation and the National Research Foundation (DSI-NRF).
- 504 researchers with a National Research Foundation (NRF) rating. These include 17 A-rated researchers,
- 47 research chairs including one of the highest numbers of national (SARChI) chairs in the country.