The Department’s expertise in Marketing Management cover topics such as neurophysiological research in a marketing context, customer-organisational relationships, relationship marketing, wine marketing, marketing and society, integrated marketing communication (digital and traditional), and advertising appeals.
Neurophysiological research in a marketing context
- Kühn, S.W. & Petzer, D.J. 2018. Fostering purchase intentions towards online retailer websites in an emerging market: an S-O-R perspective. Journal of Internet Commerce, 17(3):255-282. https://doi.org/10.1080/15332861.2018.1463799
- Kühn, S.W. 2021. Predictors of customer loyalty towards South African independent coffee shops: A mixed-method approach. Management Dynamics, 30(1):17-37. (DHET-accredited.)
- Theron, E. & Pelser, A. 2020. Trust in independent community pharmacies: Do employee-related factors matter? Health SA Gesondheid, 25:1-10.
- Viviers, S. & Theron, E. 2019. The effect of public investor activism on trust: A case study in the asset management sector. Journal of Economic and Financial Sciences, 12(1):1-14.
- Theron, E. & Pelser, A. 2017. Using servicescape to manage student commitment towards a higher education institution. South African Journal of Higher Education, 31(5):225-245.
- Terblanche, N.S., & Pentz, C.D. 2019. Factors influencing restaurateurs’ choice of wines and wine lists: A replication study in a South African context. Acta Commercii, 19(1):690.
- Van der Colff, N., Pentz, C.D. & Nieuwoudt, H.H. 2019. A varietal-specific approach to explore consumers’ wine risk perception. International Journal of Wine Business Research, 31(4):640-659.
- Pentz, C.D., & Forrester, A. 2020. The importance of wine attributes in an emerging wine-producing country. South African Journal of Business Management, 51(1):1-9.
Marketing and society
- Human, D. & Terblanche, N.S. 2016. Three parties and the virtues of cause-related marketing: Perceptions of business and consumers in an emerging economy. Journal of Euromarketing, 25(1-2):19-33.
- Human, D. & Terblanche, N.S. 2012. Who receives what? The influence of the donation magnitude and donation recipient in cause-related marketing. Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, 24(2):141-160.
- De Wet, H.F., Marais, M.R. & Human, D. 2010. Should puffery advertising in South Africa be banned? An interdisciplinary analysis. Acta Academica, 42(2):117-144.
Integrated marketing communication (digital and traditional)
- Ehlers, L. & Van Schalkwyk, S. 2021. Product videos “gone viral”: Exploring the role of content, positive affect and social motivations. Communicare.
- Human-Van Eck, D., Pentz, C.D. & Beyers, T. 2021. Inﬂuencers on Instagram: The Inﬂuence of Disclosure, Followers and Authority Heuristic on Source Credibility. Advances in Digital Marketing and eCommerce.
- Du Plooy, A.T., Van der Waldt, D.l.R. & Ehlers, L. 2013. A classification framework for out-of-home advertising media in South Africa. Communicatio, 39(3):383-401.