Please familiarise yourself with the Stellenbosch University Admissions Policy and our Terms and Conditions for new applications.
What are the minimum academic requirements for a bachelor's degree?
- 30% for a South African Language of Learning and Teaching (English or Afrikaans), and
- an achievement rating of 4 (50% - 59%) in four 20-credit subjects.
How do you calculate your National Senior Certificate average?
Highest score in Language of Learning and Teaching (Eng or Afr) + (5 x best results in 20-credit subjects excluding Life Orientation, Advanced Mathematics, Mathematics 3 and any other non NSC subject s). The total is then divided by 6.
How do we assess international qualifications?
- Final school results from International Curriculum (Cambridge International, International Baccalaureate, etc.), including School of Tomorrow.
- Click here for the minimum requirements for international curriculums. (A-levels, AS-levels, IB diploma and GCSE/IGCSE/O-levels)
- Also, meet further requirements specific to the programme(s) of your choice as set out in the programme outlines under the various faculties.
Click here to download the Minimum Admission Requirements for 2023-intake
Faculty selection guidelines
Large numbers of prospective students apply for our programmes. Unfortunately, we can accept only a limited number of students. Even though you may meet the admission requirements of a programme, you are not guaranteed admission to the programme of your choice.
Arts and Social Sciences
Economic and Management Sciences
Education (Foundation Phase)
Education (Intermediate Phase)
Medicine and Health Sciences
- Speech-Language and Hearing Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
For further inquiries:
Tel.: 021 808 9111