We understand that you may have a few questions about your application or Stellenbosch University in general.
Please don't hesitate to contact our friendly and professional consultants for assistance.
Some of your questions may include:
- How do you apply? Is this process difficult or easy? And, what happens if you experience a challenge and need help?
- What can you study with us?
- What are the requirements for the programmes you want to apply for?
- How and when will you know that you are conditionally admitted? And when will it be final?
- How do you secure accommodation on campus? What if you don't want to live in residence? What is a PSO?
- What if you have applied for residence accommodation, and haven't been placed?
- How do you apply for financial aid?
- What if you are unsure as to what exactly you may need but you know you need help?
Whatever your question and/or concern may be, our consultants look forward to interacting with you via telephone, email, web chat or on social media to assist you in resolving whatever challenges you may be experiencing.
When and how can you contact us?
Monday – Friday (every business days)
Time: 8:00– 16:30
Tel: +27 21 808 9111
WebChat: Click on Let's Talk… (in the lower right corner)
Written support (email, web chat, social media) is available in English and Afrikaans. Telephone enquiries are assisted in English, Afrikaans, isiZulu and isiXhosa.
We look forward to ensuring that you have a pleasant, professional and dignity enhancing experience during every interaction throughout your application process.
After registration in 2020, we look forward to partner and collaborate with student-facing environments to ensure that you have a developmental, positive and empowering student experience during your time with us.
Parents, Students and Third Parties: Please note Protection of Private Information (POPI):
- While we are able to verify whether a person has applied, has registered, written an exam and its results, has a specified qualification from Stellenbosch or not, we are not able to release this to any person other than the owner of the information. This means we cannot disclose this to parents, guardians and/or other third parties.
- We are also unable to disclose any private information pertaining to current or past students' academic records, nor can we release copies of those academic records without written consent or proof of power of attorney, unless the disclosure complies with an obligation imposed by law.
Should you require any further assistance, we are available Monday to Friday, 8am - 4:30pm, for your convenience.