1. APPLICATION FOR PRIVATE STUDENT HOUSING ACCREDITATION
Stellenbosch University Guidelines for off-campus private student housing accreditation for 2021
Off-campus private housing accreditation application 2020
2. ACCREDITED ACCOMMODATION
List of private accredited accommodation
Accreditation is done based on the information provided on an application form and a site visit will be arranged as soon as COVID-regulations allow.
There are three accreditation categories:
1. NSFAS accreditation (4 beds or more, within 3 km from campus, within the NSFAS fee caps and meets the additional NSFAS criteria)
List of NSFAS accredited accommodation
2. NSFAS single accommodation accreditation (3 beds or less, within 3 km from campus, within the NSFAS meets the additional NSFAS criteria)
List of NSFAS single accredited accommodation
3. SU accreditation (4 beds or more and meets SU accreditation criteria)
List of SU accredited accommodation
Please note that NSFAS-students will also be able to seek placement in SU accredited accommodation, but will be responsible for any rental shortfall that is payable to the landlord.
The criteria for accreditation is published in the Stellenbosch University Guidelines for Off-campus Private Student Housing Accreditation in 2020 (2021 intake) .
Please take note of the following:
- It remains the responsibility of the landlord to ensure that the accommodation is up to standard and complies with the guidelines throughout the year.
- It also remains the responsibility of the student to ensure that they understand the content of the lease agreement, the cost of accommodation and their obligations as a lessee in terms thereof. The lease agreement is between the student and the landlord. SU is not a party to the agreement.
- And finally, it remains the prerogative of the student to choose suitable off-campus private housing.
All queries can be directed to email@example.com.
3. USEFUL ACCOMMODATION WEBSITES
Eikenhof Private Hostel
Anna Basson Eiendomme
MT Simon and Nuutgevonden
Stellenbosch University International (SUI)
4. CAMPUS SHUTTLE SERVICE
5. PSO'S (PRIVATE STUDENT ORGANISATIONS) AT STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY
Students who do not live in a Stellenbosch University Residence and already have private accommodation are granted automatic membership to a PSO and a Cluster. For more information regarding the PSO's, please visit the following link: www.sun.ac.za/pso
DISCLAIMER: The information is supplied by SU for general information purposes only. SU will not be responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in advertising or promotional accommodation material. SU is not a party to any lease agreement entered into between a student(s) and landlord(s). SU will not become involved and does not accept liability for any issues arising out of the operation of the lease, payment of rent and/or disputes between the parties to the lease agreement and/or service delivery.