Online Learning and Teaching Support For Students
Guidance for online learning
More information on how to learn online and where to get support available here.
Student connectivity and information about Computer User Areas
Click here to read more about online connectivity
Student loan laptop FAQs
Click here to read more about Student loan laptops
Student Support Services
Library resources and services from 6 July 2020: Library staff will continue to provide services and resources to support students and staff. Click here to read more
Student Counselling and Development (CSCD) support
The Centre for Student Counselling and Development (CSCD) is functioning virtually until further notice, meaning that no staff are present on the CSCD premises on Stellenbosch and Tygerberg campuses. All sessions, however, will continue to be offered mainly virtually or telephonically.
The important contact details are:
- Academic Support and Development – 021 808 4707 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emotional Support and Emergencies – 021 808 4994 / email@example.com
- ER24 line for emergencies (day and night) – 010 205 3032
- Visit the CSCD website for more information
- Click here to access additional academic support resources.
Students with disabilities who might be unsure of support, do send enquiries as follows:
- For queries related to test and exam concessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For queries related to text conversion/accessible texts related to your assessments, teaching and learning material, email email@example.com
- For test and exam concession applications (Form 1, Form 2 & Form 3), completed forms with collateral information must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Form 1, Form 2 and Form 3, used for test and exam concessions here
- For queries related Assistive Technology Support, email email@example.com.
- Any other disability-related queries can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the individual Disability Unit practitioner that you were interacting with prior to the COVID-19 period.
Public-facing services in Admin A
To mitigate the risk of virus transmission, most public-facing administrative services in Admin A will be conducted remotely. We advise students to utilise our 24/7 digital solutions and to make use of the communication and service channels indicated here