There are two different options to register in January 2019. They are:
- self-registration (e-registration), or
- the registration process in NARGA on the Stellenbosch campus, or GERGA on the Tygerberg campus for students in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Please note the following:
- If you have completed the National Senior Certificate or the IEB-certificate, you will be able to register yourself.
- If you are a first-year, self-registration opens on 14 January 2019 up to the time slot determined for your faculty's registration in NARGA, or in GERGA.
- Self-registration can be done from any computer with access to internet
Student cards can be obtained at the Student Centre (Neelsie) in Stellenbosch, in the time slot determined for your faculty's registration in NARGA, or in GERGA if you are at Tygerberg.
Candidates from other school systems cannot make use of self-registration. It will, however, be beneficial if candidates from other school systems can send their final school results, as well as the certificate of university exemption that must be obtained from the SA Matriculation Board, to email@example.com. Your student number must be supplied as well.
- GERGA-registration at the Tygerberg campus is scheduled for Friday 25 January
- NARGA-registration at the Stellenbosch campus is scheduled per faculty and allocated to time slots for Monday 28 and Tuesday 29 January.
- First-year students who have not registered on these dates and who obtain special permission to register (the programme for which you want to register might already be full), will have to register later in the course of that week in NARGA together with the senior students of their faculty.
- First-year students, who register later than that, will be charged a levy of R500, on condition that the relevant Faculty Administrator has granted permission for late registration.
- If you do not register yourself before you arrive in Stellenbosch or at Tygerberg, it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with all the admission requirements of your study programme before you leave for Stellenbosch.
If you are going to register in NARGA or GERGA, you must report with the following original documents at registration in your faculty's allotted registration time slot:
1. Advice of Results of the 2018 NSC or IEB final school-leaving examination.
2. NSC or IEB candidates who matriculated in 2017 or earlier: National Senior Certificate.
3. Candidates from other school systems: School-leaving certificate/s and certificate of university exemption issued by the SA Matriculation Board.
4. Candidates who studied at other universities: The document/s mentioned at 2 or 3 above, as well as a full academic record and a certificate of good conduct issued by the university concerned.
5. If you are not a South African citizen: a valid study permit.
Please take note of the notice regarding the writing of the National Benchmark Tests.
* DOWNLOAD the Registation schedule
* DOWNLOAD registration information for students in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences