From 2022 the appeals process for new and continuing students is managed through NSFAS.
Submit appeals directly to NSFAS online through the MyNSFAS portal using the following process:
1. Log into your “MyNSFAS" account on www.nsfas.org.za
2. Click the 'Track Funding Progress' option
3. Check the application progress tabs
4. If your application status reflects an unsuccessful message, you may submit an appeal by clicking on the 'Submit Appeal Tab'
5. Once you are on the 'Application Appeal' page, you can see the reason for your unsuccessful application status
6. You are then able to motivate in writing the reasons for appealing your application status
7. Your motivation must not exceed 1000 characters (words including spaces)
8. Then upload certified supporting documents to support your motivation. You may submit up to 5 documents.
9. Then click 'Submit Appeal '
10. You may now track the progress of the appeal on your myNSFAS account.