Disbursements via Intellicard
- All payments are made available to the student through Intellicard. This company acts as service provider to facilitate once-off or monthly payments to student's student cards.
- They alert students of expected payments via SMS's to their cell phones.
- All allowances are made available through students personally requesting it from the Bursary and Loans Office after the registration process.
- Our Information (Help) Desk will guide you to the correct Bursary Administrator dealing with your funding.
- No meal or book allowances will be exchanged for cash.
Stellenbosch University funding makes provision for the following allowances, providing that the tuition fee has been covered by the bursaries and/or loans granted:
- A maximum of R5000 is paid onto the student card for book purchases at Maties Copy and Print, Van Schaik, Pimp my Books and Protea Bookstore. Protea Bookstore and Pimp my Books sells second hand books for cheaper options.
- Funds for private accommodations is payable, but it depends on amount available of the total financial award for each student after tuition and book allowances have been paid.
- The maximum monthly allowance payable, is based on the cost of a double room at a university hostel.
- A monthly food allowance is payable for students renting privately, but it depends on the amount available of the total financial offer for each student after tuition, book allowances and accommodation has been paid.
- Food stores include Pick 'n Pay and Checkers.
- At the Neelsie Centre: Tamatie, Buzz Juice and Smoothie Bar, DCM, Hutmakers, Java Junction, My Brew and Mariam's Kitchen are included.
Travel and Meal allowance
- Students living at home can claim money for monthly travel to university and/or a meal at campus.
- This allowance is payable in cash, but it depends on the amount available of the total financial offer for each student after tuition and book allowances has been paid out.