PARKING AND APPLICATION FOR PARKING
Parking is limited, both on the Stellenbosch and the Tygerberg campus. Instead of bringing your own vehicle to campus, rather make use of one of the following:
- Rent a Matie bike or bring your own bicycle to campus.
- Register your bicycle free of charge with Campus Security, and you'll get access to safe bicycle sheds. Registering will also help security to reunite you and your bike if it is stolen and found.
Campus Shuttle Service
- Why use your own transport if you can club together? Join Findalift, a free, private on-line service providing Maties with safe lift opportunities. Register on Findalift's website and find a lift with someone travelling the same route as you.
- Various types of parking are available on university grounds. Costs vary.
- Find out more about campus parking.
- Only registered vehicles may be parked on university grounds.
- You can apply for parking and register your vehicle during student registration. Please note that a successful application does not guarantee a specific parking bay.
- The annual parking levy will be debited against your account.
- Note that application for access to parking can be done electronically throughout the year. Apply for parking.
Allocations of reserved parking at residences and other SU housing, however, take place once-off at the beginning of the year. These are based on applications received as well as the allocation criteria of the particular residence or SU housing.
- SU Client Services, tel 021 808 9111