Vredendal is a town in the northern Olifants River Valley in the Western Cape province of South Africa.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
No Muslim prayer facilities available
Vredendal Hospital is a district hospital with a 75-bed capacity. District hospitals serve a defined population within a health district and support primary health care; with a district hospital package of care on a 24-hour basis. They have general practitioners, family physicians and clinical nurse practitioners providing health services; it includes in-patient and ambulatory health services as well as emergency health services.
District hospitals provide:
- Services of a family physician – not available at all district hospital.
- Specialist outreach clinics – this varies from weekly visits to monthly visits depending on the speciality and the logistics involved.
- The clinics are run by specialists visiting from regional hospitals and supported by the district hospital
- Most district hospitals have specialist clinics in the following domains:
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopaedic surgery
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Take note: some hospitals also have ENT clinics
Family Medicine and Primary Care, Community Health & Rehabilitation Studies
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
There are laptops and routers available from the SUNLOC office. Each item issued will require a R100 refundable deposit. Damaged, lost or late return of items will result in the forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
Routers are issued for clinical rotations as there is no Wi-Fi available at the site. Students are cautioned not to download movies, music or frequent social media networks as they will deplete the bandwidth, for which we are unable to replenish. They are also to ensure that all automatic downloads on all devices connected are switched off.
There is currently no printer available.
Accommodation Details and Contact Person/s
Klein Aber Mein
Kerkstraat on R363
|Contact Person ||Tannie Rina|
|Contact Number ||084 655 6620|
Address and driving directions
Get on N1 from Francie Van Zijl Drive and take Mike Pienaar Boulevard (4.8km). Merge onto N1 (6.3km) and take the N7 exit (250m). Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Malmesbury and merge onto N7 (900m). Keep right to continue on N7 (117km). At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on N7 (151km). Take R363 and turn left onto Kerk Street/R363 (24.3km). Turn left (140m) – destination will be on the right.
All areas are for communal use with other nursing home occupants.
- Fully equipped communal kitchen with all cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils provided
- A 4-plate stove with oven
- Microwave oven
- 2 fully furnished bedrooms with single beds - bedding and towels will be provided
- Communal bathroom with bath and toilet
- Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas and their bedrooms clean at all times
- Communal areas will be cleaned by service provider once per week according to their schedule
- Kitchen is to be kept neat and tidy at all times, no pile up of dirty tableware
- Laundry is the responsibility of the student
- Laundry facilities are available, students are to provide own detergent
Inclusions & Exclusions
The following items are allowed in rooms:
- Tested hairdryer / hot brush / hair iron
- Radio or CD player
- Extension cord, multi-plug
- Electronic alarm clock/radio
- Ironing Board & Iron
The following items are prohibited in all rooms:
- Overnight guests – family, friends and acquaintances
- Loud music and disruptive behavior
Safety & Security