Bredasdorp is a town in the Southern Overberg region of the Western Cape, South Africa.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
28 Brand Street, Bredasdorp
Otto Du Plessis Hospital
Otto Du Plessis Hospital is a district hospital with a 30-bed capacity. District hospitals serve a defined population within a health district and support primary health care; with a district hospital package of care on a 24 hour basis. They have general practitioners, family physicians and clinical nurse practitioners providing health services; it includes in-patient and ambulatory health services as well as emergency health services.
District hospitals provide:
Services of a family physician – not available at all district hospitals
Specialist outreach clinics – this varies from weekly visits to monthly visits depending on the speciality and the logistics involved.
The clinics are run by specialists visiting from regional hospitals and supported by the district hospital
Most district hospitals have specialist clinics in the following domains:
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopaedic surgery
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Take note: some hospitals also have ENT clinics
Family Medicine and Primary Care, Community Health & Rehabilitation Studies
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
There are laptops and routers available from the SUNLOC office. Each item issued will require a R100 refundable deposit. Damaged, lost or late return of items will result in the forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
Routers are issued for clinical rotations as there is no Wi-Fi available at the site. Students are cautioned not to download movies, music or frequent social media networks as they will deplete the bandwidth, for which we are unable to replenish. They are also to ensure that all automatic downloads on all devices connected are switched off.
There is currently no printer available.
Accommodation Details and Contact Person/s
Otto Du Plessis Nurse's Home
|Contact Person ||Mrs Mona Swart|
|Contact Number||028 424 2562 / 082 257 5728|
Keys for Nurse's Home can be collected from Mrs Mona Swart upon arrival at Otto Du Plessis Hospital.
Upon departure, keys are to be dropped off.
Address and driving directions
Otto Du Plessis Hospital
6 Dorpsig Street, Bredasdorp, 7280
Travel on the N2 towards Somerset-West, travel for 94kms, turn right onto Hoop St, continue onto Plein St/R316, continue to follow R316, continue onto Chavonnes Way, continue onto R316, continue onto Sarel Cilliers St, continue onto Unie Wy, Continue onto R316. Turn right onto Independent St, turn right onto Van Der Byl St, and take the 1st left onto Hopley St. Turn left onto Dorpsig St. Destination will be on the left.
All areas are for communal use with other nursing home occupants.
Fully equipped communal kitchen with all cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils provided
A 4-plate stove with oven
Fridge in kitchen for communal use and bar fridge in each bedroom
Microwave oven in communal kitchen
Television in Nurse's lounge. For communal use
2 fully furnished bedrooms for 3 students; own bedding to be provided
Showers are for communal use
Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas and their bedrooms clean at all times
- Communal areas will be cleaned by hospital staff once per week according to their schedule
- Kitchen is to be kept neat and tidy at all times, no pile up of dirty tableware
- Laundry is the responsibility of the student
- Laundry facilities are available and students are to provide own detergents
Inclusions & Exclusions
- The following items are allowed in room:
- Radio or CD player
- Extension cord, multi-plug
- Electronic alarm clock/radio
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Tested hairdryer / hot brush / hair iron
The following items are prohibited in all rooms:
- Overnight guests – family, friends and acquaintances
- Loud music and disruptive behavior
Safety & Security
Report any incidents or complaints immediately to Ms. Nicole Crow on 082 420 4864
- Keep cars locked and keep valuables out of view
- Students are urged to look after keys, locks and remotes as the safety of all students will be jeopardized in the event of a loss
- Personal valuable items are to be locked away when not in use
- Close all windows and lock all doors upon exit
Distance to site: 179 Km's
Your safety is a priority to the SUNLOC team and Stellenbosch University.
Be alert and do not compromise your own safety under any circumstances.