Lentegeur (Mitchell's Plain)
Mitchells Plain is a suburb about 32 km (20 mi) from the city of Cape Town.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
Beitus Shukr Islamic Centre Masjid
Corner of Merrydale and Erica Roads
Lentegeur Psychiatric Hospital
Lentegeur Hospital (LGH), situated in the heart of Mitchells Plain on the Cape Flats, provides a wide variety of services to the areas it drains, which include all patients from the largely uninsured populations of the Khayelitsha- Eastern and Klipfontein-Mitchells Plain substructures of the Cape Metropolitan District. It also has a large rural drainage area.
With 722 inpatient beds, Lentegeur Hospital is the largest of the four level 2 hospitals providing Mental Health services for the Western Cape and has a comprehensive clinical service offering via the four clinical Functional Business Units (FBU) of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Intellectual Disability Services and General Adult Psychiatry. All of these services have both inpatient and ambulatory components.
Through its 2 District Psychiatrists and designated members of the various multi-disciplinary teams involved in the admissions components of the clinical services, a healthy, vibrant and dynamic relationship is maintained with the level 1 District Health Services facilities in the substructures that refer patients to Lentegeur Hospital. This relationship includes the aspects of outreach and support and the important capacity-building of teams and staff of the various level 1 facilities in the LGH drainage areas.
LENTEGEUR STUDENT LEARNING CENTRE
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- 3 desktop computers for academic use
- Wi-Fi available
- Access cards are available at a refundable deposit of R100 per card from the SUNLOC office.
- All lights to be switched off when you leave
- No prestik on walls
- Lock all doors and close all doors upon departure
- No smoking, eating or drinking in the center
- Keep center neat and tidy at all times
- No disruptive behavior or loud music
- Emergency doors is only to be used in a case of emergency
- Security door can be used, but to be locked upon departure
Please direct all questions and queries to the SUNLOC office on (021) 938 9108.
Address and driving directions
Head south toward Francie Van Zijl Drive (400m) and turn right at the first cross street onto Francie Van Zijl Drive (250m). Keep left to continue on Francie Van Zijl Drive (950m). Turn left onto De La Rey Street (3.1km) and use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Robert Sobukwe Road (1.8km). Turn left onto Borcherds Quarry (3km) and use the left lane to merge onto Settlers Way/N2 via the ramp to Somerset (3.9km). Use the left lane to continue on the N2 (750m) and take exit 22B toward R300/Mitchell's Plain (1km). Merge onto the R300 (2.6km). Take exit 12 for M36 toward Stock Road (500m) and turn left onto AZ Berman Drive (1km). Turn left onto Highlands Drive (450m). Take a left, then right and left again. Destination will be on the left.
- Fully equipped communal kitchen with all cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils provided
- A 4-plate stove with oven
- Microwave oven
- Television in the living area
- Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas clean at all times
- Communal areas will be cleaned weekly
- Kitchen is to be kept neat and tidy at all times, no pile up of dirty tableware
Safety & Security
- Keep cars locked and keep valuables out of view
- Students are urged to look after keys, locks and remotes as the safety of all students will be jeopardized in the event of a loss
- Personal valuable items are to be locked away when not in use
- Close all windows and lock all doors upon exit
- Report any incidents or complaints immediately to Ms. Nicole Crow on 082 420 4864
Your safety is a priority to the SUNLOC team and Stellenbosch University.
Be alert and do not compromise your own safety under any circumstances.
For any queries or complaints, please contact Ms. Nicole Crow on 082 420 4864.