Hermanus is built along the beautiful shores of Walker Bay.
Muslim Prayer Facilities
Miriam & Ebrahim Islamic Centre
51 Main Road, Hermanus
Al-Masjid al Hitam
1 Jacaranda Road, Mount Pleasant
Hermanus Hospital is a district hospital with a 71-bed capacity. District hospitals serve a defined population within a health district and support primary health care; with a district hospital package of care on a 24-hour basis. They have general practitioners, family physicians and clinical nurse practitioners providing health services; it includes in-patient and ambulatory health services as well as emergency health services.
|Dr Stefanie Perold||MBChB Site Coordinator / Family Physicianemail@example.com|
|Hananja Boshoff||Dietetics Site Facilitator / Rehab / IPE firstname.lastname@example.org|
Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
There are laptops and routers available from the SUNLOC office. Each item issued will require a R100 refundable deposit. Damaged, lost or late return of items will result in the forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
There is Wi-Fi available for students to use for academic purposes.
Two desktop computers for use by students
Printer available – students to provide own paper
Students are cautioned not to download movies, music or frequent social media networks as bandwidth will be depleted and we are unable to replenish data. Automatic downloads on all connected devices to be switched off.
Accommodation Details and Contact Person/s
6 Belladonna Street, Sandbaai, Hermanus
|Contact Person ||Mrs Koba (Cleaning Lady)|
|Contact Number || 074 201 8832|
Keys to be collected from Koba at the Hermanus House.
Address and driving directions
Take the N2 to Hermanus, Take exit 90 towards R43/Kleinmond/Hermanus turn off (3km). Continue on R43 (24.9km). Turn right onto Main Road and go through one roundabout (650m). Turn right onto End Street (750m). Continue onto Belladonna Street (450m). Destination will be on the left.
- Fully equipped kitchen with appliances, crockery and cutlery
- 4-plate Stove with oven
- Microwave oven
- Fridge (one fridge allocated to Short Rotation Students)
- 3 fully furnished bedrooms; own bedding to be provided
- Bathrooms with shower and toilets
- Please conserve water and electricity at all times as we are in crisis
- Swimming pool
- Area to be cleaned up after every use
- No smoking in the entertainment are or in the house
CLEANING SERVICE AND LAUNDRY:
- Students are required to keep all communal areas and their bedrooms clean at all times
- Communal areas will be cleaned by guesthouse staff once per week according to their schedule
- No pile up of dirty tableware
- Laundry is the responsibility of the student
- Laundry facilities are available and students are to provide own detergents
Inclusions & Exclusions
The following items are allowed in rooms:
- Tested hairdryer / hot brush / hair iron
- Radio or CD player
- Extension cord, multi-plug
- Electronic alarm clock/radio
- Ironing Board & Iron
The following items are prohibited in all rooms:
- Overnight guests – family, friends and acquaintances
- Loud music and disruptive behavior
Safety & Security