Student Support Services
International Elective and Exchanges programmes are available at the following. Please click on the links below for more information:
KU Leuven Online Winter University Applications is open!
Theme: Global Challenges for Our Sustainable Future: A Social Sciences and Humanities Approach
About the Winter School:
You will work in multinational and multidisciplinary student teams to identify, elaborate on and formulate a possible strategy to deal with global challenges for a sustainable future. It is an online course.
Graduate (Master's) students in Human Sciences ( e.g. Arts, Economics and Business, Social Sciences, and Theology and Religious Sciences) or from other disciplines, and with an interest in sustainability.
Undergraduate (Bachelor's) students in their final year
Programme: View our provisional programme here
The call for students to take part in the fifth round Sustainability Literacy programme, the Future17 SDG Challenge is now open. Participants will be working in virtual groups with students and mentors from 10 universities across the globe.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate to find solutions for global sustainability challenges centered around themes such as:
- climate action
- reduced inequalities and gender equality
- poverty reduction
This unique opportunity hosted by the SDG/2063 Impact Hub at the Centre for Collaboration in Africa at SU International. It will help you discover how you can incorporate the SDGs into your discipline and collaborate with industry partners to drive meaningful change.
Who is it for:
- Postgraduate and undergraduate students that not only want to understand how they can contribute to Sustainable Development in general, but that also want to acquire key skills that will add value to their CVs learned through working with the challenge partners.
- Staff members with a PhD can also apply to be a mentor
Deadline: 15 December 2023
Target group: SU students enrolled in 2024
Outcomes: Intercultural Competencies Skills around Sustainable Development, Presentation and Report Writing, Hybrid Work.
Cost: Your enrolment is subsidised by SU International
Certification: Future17 Certificate and SU Short Course certification.
Contact Ms Corina Du Toit for any queries:
Open to: MBChB IV and V year Students
The following documents must be submitted:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of period
Any queries can be directed to Mr Dimitri Geelhand De Merxem at Dimitri.GeelhanddeMerxem@uantwerpen.be
For any queries on International Exchanges – please contact:
Ms. Tanya Abrahams
+27 21 938 9958
Africa Collaboration Grant (ACG)
The ACG offer mobility grants for:
- Stellenbosch University staff
- Conference Grants to postgraduate students
- Partner Development Grants for postdoctoral fellows with other African partners
Time frame for activities: 1 January 2024 to 30 June 2024
Deadline: 30 November 2023
The mobility grants aims to establish or strengthen academic collaboration with one or more partners based at SU’s institutional bilateral partner institutions elsewhere in Africa.
FOUR CATEGORIES ARE FUNDED:
- Workshop/Conference jointly organised with collaborators based at one or more of SU’s institutional African Bilateral Partner Institutions a (up to R 80 000)
- Research visit to one or more of SU’s institutional African Bilateral Partner institutions or to host research visitor(s) from one or more of SU’s institutional African Bilateral Partner institutions (up to R30 000)
- Postgraduate Conference Grant to attend an academic conference on the African continent at one or more of SU’s institutional African Bilateral Partner institutions (up to R20 000)
- Postdoctoral fellows Grant to visit one or more of SU’s institutional African Bilateral Partner institutions (up to R30 000)
Applications will be reviewed and awarded based on quality, potential impact on the strengthening of SU’s institutional African Academic Networks, and a number of additional terms and conditions.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT THE CENTRE FOR COLLABORATION IN AFRICA AT THE STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL OFFICE:
Mrs Sue-Vicky Brandt (email@example.com) or Dr. Nico Elema (firstname.lastname@example.org)