International postgraduate students
Qualified doctors who are currently enrolled in Registrar / Residency training with the HPCSA and as a Non-Degree (Special Students) with FMHS, in their country of residence, are eligible to train for short periods (up to 1 year) with the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences FMHS.
Applications and proof of verification must be submitted at least 7 months in advance of the Elective start date.
- Contact the selected department directly, contact details can be found on page 135 – 155 and 217 – 265 of the yearbook.
- Send a copy of your:
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Upon approval by the department, you will be referred back to the international office to assist you with the application process.
Admission and Registration Requirements
- Applicants who are enrolled for residency/registrar or sub-specialist training in their home countries during the rotation are eligible to register in the category Postgraduate Studies
- Verification of Credentials at the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates International Credential Services (EICS)
- Register at the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Registration at the Department of Health's Foreign Work Force Management Programme (DOH's FWMP)
- Registration as a Non-Degree (Special Student) at the University of Stellenbosch
For more information contact
Ms Zaibo Krieger
+27 21 938 9049