Here's your chance to showcase your creative talent. Bowl us over with your T-shirt design and win great prizes (not to mention bragging rights)!
Designs must be original and must capture the essence of Stellenbosch University's Diversity Week 2014.
All Maties (students and staff) can enter. The three designs with the most Facebook votes will be declared the winners. Their creators will each get:
· A R1 000 Neelsie gift voucher
· A set of three T-shirts, each featuring one of the winning designs
So, sharpen those pencils, fire up the design software of choice and submit your entries. The deadline is midnight on Thursday, 11 September 2014. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Use the hashtag #MatiesDiversiT on Facebook and Twitter to follow this competition (different from the regular Diversity Week hashtag, #matiesdiversity).
The theme of Diversity Week 2014 is "GLOCAL IS LEKKER". There's also a strong African focus this year, and the celebration of 20 years of democracy in South Africa provides further context. (See http://bit.ly/1p7TG26 for more background.)
What do you make of all of this? Your T-shirt design should help us celebrate diversity at Maties and promote inclusivity. Feel free to pursue your own thoughts. Be creative and have fun!
HOW TO ENTER:
Enter online at https://www.facebook.com/stellenboschuniversity AND by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See rules below for requirements.
- Swipe someone else's art and use it as your own.
- Use copyrighted or inappropriate content (see rules).
- All designs accepted by the organisers will be posted on Stellenbosch University's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/stellenboschuniversity).
- Voting will run from midnight on Friday, 12 September to midnight on Friday, 19 September.
- The three design with the most votes win, in order of the number of votes received.
- The winners will be announced on Monday, 22 September.
- Your design is for the front of a T-shirt and may encompass an area up to 30 cm X 30 cm.
- Your art should be created in a resolution of 300 dpi (30 cm X 30 cm). But submit it in the lower resolution of 72 dpi, as a flat JPEG.
- You may submit more than one entry.
- Online entries only, hard copies not accepted.
- Enter at https://www.facebook.com/stellenboschuniversity.
- Confirm your entry by also emailing your design (the low-res version), your contact details and 100 words on your thinking behind the design to email@example.com
- Designs may not include obscene, offensive or racist imagery or phrases.
- Keep a copy of your original, high-resolution art with layers and editing capabilities intact. This is not for the submission (the submitted file should be a low-res flat JPEG), but in the event you are selected as a winner we will request the original artwork from you.
- By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by Stellenbosch University for marketing purposes.
- Submissions will be screened for merit and feasibility. The organisers reserve the right to reject designs that do not meet the criteria. And the organisers reserve the right to make such changes as image size, ink or t-shirt colour before printing.
- The organisers' decisions are final.