The 2019 Sanlam Cape Town Marathon (15 September) is upon us, giving yet another opportunity for Stellenbosch University (SU) staff to show their support and raise money for the student-led #Move4Food campaign.
The #Move4Food campaign kicked off in August 2018 with a target of R10 million rand to fight student hunger on our campuses. To date over R1 million in donations and goods have been raised.
Earlier this year, Prof Wim de Villiers participated in the Cape Town Cycling Tour to raise money for #Move4Food and last year he completed the full Sanlam Cape Town Marathon (42,2 km) to raise money for this worthy cause. This year however, Prof De Villiers will be in London in September, where he will take on the London to Brighton Cycling Race with fellow Maties to raise bursary money for Matie students.
So how can YOU help? Please put on your running shoes and #Move4Food! Whether you do the 10km, the full marathon of 42.2km, or the peace or trail runs, you will be doing your part to end student hunger.
Here's what to do:
- If you've already bought your ticket to the marathon, you can sign up to the #Move4Food Maties team by sending an e-mail to email@example.com .
- If you haven't signed up yet, we've secured a 25% discount on the entry tickets for the 42.2km and 10km races. There are also tickets available for the 5km and trail runs.
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a voucher code, which you can use to register on the Cape Town Marathon website.
- Once registered, you will receive further information on how you too can raise funds among your colleagues, friends and family to help fellow Maties reach their finish line.
Running not your thing? Then donate money on https://www.givengain.com/cc/su100/. Or, if you're planning to participate in any other sporting activities later this year, please let us know via email@example.com so that we can assist you to show your Matie pride and contribute towards our #Move4Food campaign.
- Photo: #Move4Food supporters at last year's Marathon.