The rollover process for 2020 is now complete. All facilitators have been enrolled in their 2020 academic modules as they were enrolled in 2019.
Please note, as all these modules are set for next year, they will appear in the Future category in the Course Overview:
From 1 January 2020 all the 2020 modules will move to In progress and all 2019 modules will move to Past. The 2020 modules are already active and ready to be developed (note the instructions below on how to remove content in bulk if necessary). If there are any modules missing, or if you are enrolled to any incorrect modules, please notify the Learning Technologies helpdesk.
Students will be erolled automatically as they register. All 2020 modules will be kept hidden until closer to the start of classes (Health Sciences' modules will be visible from 1 January 2020).
Dear SUNLearn facilitators (8/11/19)
It is that time of the year again to bring 2019 to completion and to start with the rollover process to activate modules for 2020. As before, all registered 2020 modules will be created on SUNLearn automatically without being requested. Students are then automatically enrolled to these modules during registration and lecturers can decide whether they want to make use of the module space or not.
Regarding the content:
All content (except Turnitin links)
of all registered 2019 modules will be carried over to their respective 2020 module. All these modules are hidden from students until the start of classes (Health Sciences' modules will be made visible earlier for when their students start). In case content should remain hidden after the start of classes (e.g. in the case of second semester modules),
it can be done in the following way.
All staff will be enrolled for 2020 modules as they were enrolled for 2019 modules.
By approaching the process in this manner we aim to complete the whole process in the shortest time possible.
- We are of course aware that not all facilitators want the previous year's content carried over, in this case we recommend the
following steps to remove unwanted content.
- If other modules' content is required, e.g. 2018 content, instead of 2019, contact the Learning Technologies helpdesk.
- If any facilitators are to be added or removed contact the Learning Technologies helpdesk.
- If a module's code has changed, we will be unable to transfer the 2019 content to the new 2020 code. Please contact the Learning Technologies helpdesk to inform us of any code chages.
- We will not be rolling over non-registered modules. Please request the rollover of these modules after the rollover process is complete by contacting the Learning Technologies helpdesk.
The process will now run as follows:
- We are currently busy transferring all content from 2019 to 2020.
- As soon as this is finished we will enrol all 2019 facilitators to 2020 modules.
Each step in this process will be made known on the SUNLearn Dashboard.
The Learning Technologies Support (SUNLearn) team
021 808 2222