Dear SUNLearn facilitators (1-11-2023)
It is that time of the year again to bring 2023 to completion and to start with the rollover process to activate modules for 2024. As before, all registered 2024 modules will be created on SUNLearn automatically without being requested. Students are then automatically enrolled to these modules during registration and lecturers can decide whether they want to make use of the module space or not.
Regarding the content:
- All content (except Turnitin links) of all registered 2023 modules will be carried over to their respective 2024 module. All these modules are hidden from students until the start of classes (Health Sciences' modules will be made visible earlier for when their students start). In case content should remain hidden after the start of classes (e.g. in the case of second semester modules), it can be hidden either by item or by topic / section.
- All staff will be enrolled for 2024 modules as they were enrolled for 2023 modules.
- Please refrain from updating 2023 module content during this period. It is possible that staff may update 2023 content after we have done the rollover of a specific module.
By approaching the process in this manner, we aim to complete the whole process in the shortest time possible.
- We are aware that not all facilitators want the previous year's content carried over, in this case unwanted content will have to be removed after the fact, be it per item or per topic / section.
- If other modules' content is required, e.g. 2022 content, instead of 2023, contact the Learning Technologies helpdesk.
- If any facilitators are to be added or removed, contact the Learning Technologies helpdesk.
- If a module's code has changed, we will be unable to transfer the 2023 content to the new 2024 code. Please contact the Learning Technologies helpdesk to inform us of any code changes.
- We will not be rolling over non-registered modules (modules not appearing in the yearbook). This includes the majority of all MT-meta modules. Please request the rollover of these modules after the rollover process is complete by contacting the Learning Technologies helpdesk.
The process will now run as follows:
- We are currently busy transferring all content from 2023 to 2024.
- As soon as this is finished we will enroll all 2023 facilitators to the respective 2024 modules.
Each step in this process will be made known on the SUNLearn Dashboard.
The Learning Technologies Support (SUNLearn) team
021 808 2222